Celebrating the creative word in Headingley
- and Headingley in the creative word
Headingley Litfest will seek to achieve these aims, using best practice, by: organising locally accessible readings, performances, talks, workshops, seminars and events devised to engage Headingley’s diverse communities, and to be held in various domestic, private, community and public venues and spaces.
Headingley Litfest will create opportunities within such a programme:
Headingley LitFest aims to:
1. engage local and regional audiences in the experience and celebration of literature and the spoken word;
2. highlight and promote the historical and contemporary contribution of Headingley to literature and the creative word;
3. encourage and facilitate opportunities for writing and performance among Headingley residents and communities;
4. make a significant contribution to the cultural life of Headingley, Leeds and region
to address the particular needs of local audiences and potential participants such as the elderly, young, culturally diverse, those with additional needs and those who are hard to reach.
for engagement with, and for learning and inspiration from, nationally and internationally recognised writers, performers and producers, and from emerging talent.
for the development, production and showcasing of the work of local writers, arts practitioners, producers, critics and facilitators.